- 1 – Number of times falling through the ice.
- 8 – The number sunrises where the sun was actually visible.
- In the first two months of this endeavor I have nearly double my average number of steps per day.
- The first photo with people, I even talked to them, perhaps I’m getting more confident.
- Both January And February began and ended with the sun being visible and gorgeous.
In recent years, I’ve struggled with my birthday. Wishing I was more secure in my life, or further ahead. I thought, by 2019, I would have a spouse, or maybe a house. It remains the source of many of my biggest insecurities and has been a theme of many thoughts on these mornings.
However, it is February, and what a truly remarkable and beautiful February it has been. It has likely been the winteriest winter of my adult life (of course many of those were spent in Lansing and not the Upper Peninsula). From windchills in the -20s, multiple double-digit snowstorms, an ice storm, and the snowiest winter Marquette has experienced in over a decade. It’s magical.