Sunrise 294 of 365
- Sunrise time: 8:15
- Azimuth: 105° ⇡
- Did the sun rise: Yes
- Was the sun visible: Technically, no
Observed from nearest station 0.03 miles away
- Temperature: 45 ºF
- Felt like: 45 ºF
- Conditions: Overcast
- Wind: 2 mph ⇡
- Visibility: 9.7 mi
- Humidity: 91%
- 8 sec
Maritime Museum, Marquette, MI
46° 32' 44" N, -87° 22' 42" W
Musings [494 words]
I am without words. Sort of, clearly I’m typing something.
For the first time since stone skipping on Mackinac Island in front of the cameras for ESPN3, I feel that I have nothing over my head today.
Last night concluded the fourth Fresh Coast Film Festival, and each year I’ve added to my responsiblities and involvement, as have many others. In the last two or three weeks alone, I’ve done 20-25 media interviews. When including ESPN3 on July 4, I’ve either inspired or been a part of about 50 media interviews and close to 150 news stories online. Some of which are anonymous, and nearly 100 are associated with the Mountain Dew Upper Peninsula debacle of 2019, of which I instigated.
I need to wrap my head around this year and get it all typed out.
- Created the Lake Suprior Ice Resurfacing Crew
- Created the Upper Penisula Silhouette Tee Tee
- Presented the 3rd edition of Bytes with Bugsy
- Spoke at TEDxNMU
- Fell in love
- Participated in my seventh(?) consecutive stone skipping tournament on Mackinac Islane in front of ESPN3
- Convinced Mountain Dew to create an exclusive Upper Peninsula Mountain Dew label
- Joined Joe Pera in a taping of his television show
- Learned how to swim for the first time in my life
- Got ordained an officiated my first wedding
- Had the most successful 906 Day to date
- Had the most successful Plaidurday to date
– Tackled the fourth annual Fresh Coast Film Festival
- Taught some classes and did some workshops
- Accepted an award from the Maruette Beautificaiton Committee
- Partnered with the Calumet Colosseum and Kraft Hockeyville USA to be the exclusive online retailer of their merch, raising over $3,000 for the Colosseum
- ████ ███ █████ █████████ ██ ██████████ ███████ ███ ███ ████████ ███ █████ ██ █████ ██ ████ ███████████
And I haven’t missed a sunrise yet, all while trying to run a retail shop.
I suppose the list isn’t that big. But let me tell you, doing fifty media interviews since summer is incredibly exhausting for someone who considers himself an introvert. The stress, and the accomplishement, is second only to the year of Hometown Invasion Tour.
Some of these things have been in the works for years, and maybe, finally, they’re making a community impact.
Last years I made the least amount of money of my life since finishing the Hometown Invasion Tour, yet it seems this year has produced the biggest community impact since.
My personal chores are in shambles. Laundry hasn’t been done. Sand is all over the apartment from sunrises on the beach and then rushing to the next obligation. This journal hasn’t been touched. My email inbox is impossible to keep up with. Stacks of unopened mail everywhere. A car that’s an embarrassment to let anyone see it’s so messy (which also needs a set of new tires before winter).
So, what’s next?
Fuel more Sunrises
There is plenty more to come from Year of the Sunrise. You can always add a cup of coffee to keep me going strong in the mornings, or a tank of gas to get me to some new places, as the sun keeps rising.